Being there for our clients at the time of a claim is probably the most important role we can play. At times the claims process can be long and complex, but at Everest Risk Group we work closely with our clients and insurer partners to make this process as simple and efficient as possible for you – ensuring you are back in business and focussing on what you do best! We will be there to guide you through the claims process. From lodgement of the claim, monitoring progress and negotiating with our insurer partners to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients.
Our Claims Management Philosophy
- Act fairly in the interests of our clients in the event of a claim
- Assist our clients in the claims lodgement process through to finalisation of the claim
- Assist our clients to understand overly complex policy interpretations
- Assist our clients to reduce the cost and the number of claims through effective risk management strategies
- Provide 24hr emergency claims assistance where required
In the event of a claim, we will:
- Assist our clients in lodging claims and maintain communication every step of the way
- Advocate and negotiate with insurers on behalf of our client to ensure they receive their full entitlements
- Arrange for a loss assessor to be appointed where required
- Arrange expert consultants including legal and accounting services where needed
- Arrange access to Risk Management services to assist in prevention or mitigation against future loss
Making a Claim
As the nature of accidents cannot be predicted or do not follow set patterns, it is impossible to give guidelines for procedures in every claim.
Particular attention should be given to the following matters:
- Under no circumstances attempt to settle a claim yourself without the insurer’s authority
- Forward any written and/or verbal communications from a third party to Everest Risk Group.
However, procedures for some classes of insurance are provided to cover most circumstances. You should always contact us without delay, and a general working guide is as follows:
Promptly notify Everest Risk Group of all claims or circumstances that have potential to result in a claim.
Under no circumstances must liability for loss or damage be admitted or accepted.
All writs, summons or demands in relation to claims should be sent to Everest Risk Group immediately and without delay.
When a criminal act has occurred or is suspected (e.g. theft, malicious damage) notify the nearest police station as soon as possible and record police event number.
Emergency Property Claims and Makesafe Assistance
Everest Risk Group is with you every step of the way. Call our 24/7 Emergency Claims Response Line on 1300 831 094.
Everest Risk Group & Insurance Advisernet provides 24/7 emergency building services to ensure your property is safe and protected after an accident. The 24/7 service provides you with makesafe, restoration, blazing/shuttering and flooring services.
O’Brien Glass with care
Glass Emergency? We recommend O’Brien’s Glass for all your glass repair and replacement needs. Hassle free insurance claims – Over 50 insurance brands use O’Brien’s as their preferred glass repair specialist.
Ph 1800 023 715 and quote your Business Insurance policy number to start the glass claims process.